embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Monday, May 30, 2016

I Am The Bread of Life(scripture)

1 Corinthians Ch: 11 verses 23-26
I received from the Lord what I handed on to you, namely, that the Lord Jesus on the night in which he was betrayed took bread, and after he had given thanks, broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after the supper, he took the cup, saying, " This cup is the new covenant in my blood . Do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."  Every time, then, you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes !



John Ch: 6 verses 48-69
I am the bread of life.
your ancestors ate manna in the desert, but they died.  This is the bread that comes down from heaven for a man to eat and never die.  I myself am the living bread come down from heaven.  If anyone eats this bread he shall live forever; the bread I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world."  At this the
Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can he give us his flesh to eat?  Thereupon Jesus said to them:
"Let me solemnly assure you, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.  He who feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has life eternal and I will raise him up on the last day.  For MY Flesh is REAL FOOD and MY BLOOD REAL DRINK. The man who feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood REMAINS IN ME, and I IN HIM.  Just as the father who has life sent me and I have life because of the father, so the man who feeds on me will have life because of me.  This is the bread that came down from heaven.  Unlike your ancestors who ate and died nonetheless, the man who feeds on this bread shall live forever."
He said this in a synagogue instruction at Capernaum.   After hearing his words, many of his disciples remarked, "This sort of talk is hard to endure!  How can anyone take it seriously?"  Jesus was fully aware that his disciples were murmuring in protest at what he had said. "Does it shake your faith?" he asked them. "What then if you were to see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before...?
It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless.  The words I spoke to you are SPIRIT and LIFE.
Yet among you there are some who do not believe."  " This is why I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the father."
From this time on, many of the disciples BROKE AWAY and would NOT REMAIN IN HIS
company any longer.  Jesus then said to the Twelve. "Do you want to leave me too?"
Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of ETERNAL LIFE.
We have come to believe; we are convinced that you are God's HOLY ONE."

Dear Ones, here is a beautiful prayer you may pray during Mass, if you are unable to receive Christ
in His Body, His Blood, His Soul, and His Divinity; (meaning Communion or Holy Eucharist) You may say this prayer DAILY. If you are unable to attend Mass and receive Christ in the Holy Eucharist, you may say the spiritual communion prayer provided. (Watch Mass on EWTN -eternal word television network.)
You will receive many graces by Our Lord:

SPIRITUAL COMMUNION PRAYER
   My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally,
come at least SPIRITUALLY into my heart.  I embrace You as if You were already there and UNITE
myself wholly to You.  Never permit me to be separated from You.  Amen
Please go to story called "The Needs of God" on embraceholycross.com