embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Turn to the Lord in your need and you will live

Psalm-69 verses 14-37
But I pray to you, O Lord, for the time of your favor, O God! In your great kindness answer me with your constant help.  Rescue me out of the mire (mud); may I not sink! may I be rescued from my foes, and from the watery depths. Let not the flood-waters overwhelm me, nor the abyss swallow me up, nor the pit close its mouth over me.  Answer me, O Lord, for bounteous is your kindness; in your great mercy turn toward me. Hide not your face from your servant; in my distress, make haste to answer me. Come and ransom my life; as an answer for my enemies, redeem me. You know my reproach, my shame and my ignominy (humiliating);  before you are all my foes. Insult has broken my heart, and I am weak, I looked for sympathy , but there was none; for comforters , and I found none.  Rather they put gall in my food, and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.  Let their own table be a snare before them, and a net for their friends. Let their eyes grow dim so that they cannot see, and keep their back always feeble (weak). Pour out your wrath upon them; let the fury of your anger overtake them. Let their encampment become desolate; in their tents let there be no one to dwell.  For they kept after him whom you smote (strike), and added to the pain of him you wounded. Heap guilt upon their guilt, and let them not attain to your reward. May they be erased from the book of the living, and not be recorded with the just!  But I am afflicted and in pain; let your saving help, O God, protect me. I will praise the name of God in song, and glorify him with thanksgiving. This will please the Lord more than oxen with horns and divided hooves;  See you lowly ones, and be glad; you who seek God, may your hearts be meery! For the Lord hears the poor, and his own who are in bonds he spurns (scorns) not. Let the heavens and the earth praise him; the seas and whatever moves in them! For God will save Zion and rebuild the cities of Judah. They shall dwell in the land and own it, and the descendants of his servants shall inherit it, and those who love his name shall inhabit(live in) it. Turn to the Lord in your need and you will live !


Deuteronomy  Ch: 30 verses 10-14
If only you heed the voice of the Lord, your God, and keep his commandments and statutes (laws) that are written in this book of the law, when you return to the Lord, your God, with all your heart and all your soul.  God's Command Clear; For this command which I enjoin on you today is not too mysterious and remote for you. It is not up in the sky, that you should say, Who will go up in the sky to get it for us and tell us if it, that we may carry it out? Nor is it across the sea, that you should say, Who will cross the sea to get it for us and tell us if it, that we may carry it out?  No, it is something very near to you, already in your mouths and in your hearts; You have only to carry it out.

Colossians Ch: 1 verses 15-20
Fullness and Reconciliation.  He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creatures.  In him everything in heaven and on earth was created, things visible and invisible ( seen and unseen) , whether thrones or dominations, principalities or powers; all were created through him, and for him. He is before all else that is.  In him everything continues in being.  It is he who is head of the body, the church; he who is the beginning, the first-born of the dead, so that primacy( first in order) may be his in everything.  It pleased God to make absolute fullness reside in him, and by means of him, to reconcile (restore) everything in his person, both on earth and in the heavens, making peace through the blood of his cross.

Colossians Ch: 1 verse 24
The Mystery: Christ in Us. Even now I find my joy in the suffering I endure for you. In my own flesh I fill up what is lacking in the sufferings of Christ for the sake of his body, the church.

Colossians Ch: 2 verses 4-8
Warnings against False Teachers. I tell you all this so that no one my delude you with specious arguments.  I may be absent in body but I am with you in spirit. happy to see good order among you and the firmness of your faith in Christ.  Continue, therefore, to live in Christ Jesus the Lord.  in the spirit in which you received him. Be rooted in him and built up in him, growing ever stronger in faith, as you were taught, and overflowing with gratitude. See to it that no one deceives you through any empty, seductive philosophy that follows mere human traditions, a philosophy based on cosmic powers rather than on Christ.

Dear Ones, If you are feeling alone, afraid, or simply thinking that our Lord can't forgive you.
Please remember when you look at him on His Holy Cross, ( He died for You)  His Mercy is
greater than our sins. Through His Redemption on the Cross He conquered Death and allowed
us to have life. Through His Cross He Saved The World.  We are to repent, observe ourselves,
and sin no more !  Through the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit gives us the strength we need
to go forth in Jesus. Through Our Baptism we receive the Holy Spirit of God. Baptism gives us sanctifying grace and purifies our Soul. We renew our baptism in saying our baptismal promises every Easter Sunday Mass.  There are three ways to be baptized , Water, baptism of desire ( wanting to be baptized and working on it through the church) and blood ( standing up for your faith in Christ and being martyred .) The First Step is asking God to help you, and to direct you in your needs. You must follow Him through the Church He gave to us. Simply go to Mass, or your Church Service, and sit quietly towards the back. During the Service Listen to Christ Words, prayers, and songs of praise.  Ask the Power of The Holy Spirit of God to be with you, and He will be there !! God Bless You Always  I will be praying for you and All who are Embracing The Cross of Jesus--Lori Foster

Note:  If one is in struggle of sin, and really has the desire to change; Please go to the "Our
Father" prayer listen to the words ( lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil) May
you view the" Lords Prayer" song in video on this blog.  God Bless

Prayer is a living relationship with the Holy Trinity of God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit.) Prayer allows us to become in communion with Christ. Prayer keeps us rooted in Christ in ALL our every day actions, our thoughts, and conversations with others. Jesus, often went alone to pray to the Father.  He often prayed in the middle of the night, or early morning, and the dew would
fall upon him. May we sit daily at the feet of Jesus and listen to him, and we will find ourselves becoming deeper in prayer with Him.  May we enter into a habit of prayer- the light of God comes in our hearts, and darkness leaves.

Luke Ch:1 verses 28-42
Announcement of the Birth of Jesus;  The Angel said to her (Mary) : "Rejoice, O highly favored daughter! The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women."  She was deeply troubled by his words ( Angel Gabriel) , and wondered what his greeting meant. The angel went on to say to her;  "Do not fear, Mary, You have found favor with God. You shall conceive and bear a son and give him the name Jesus.  Great will be his dignity and he will be called Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of David his Father.  He will rule over the house of Jacob forever and his reign will be without end."  Mary said to the angel, "How can this be since I do not know man?"  The angel answered her; "The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; hence, the holy offspring to be born will be called Son of God.  Know that Elizabeth your kinswoman has conceived a son in her old age; she who was thought to be sterile is now in her sixth month, for nothing is impossible with God."
Mary said; "I am the servant of the Lord, Let it be done to me as you say." With that the Angel left her.
The Visit. Thereupon Mary set out, proceeding in haste into the hill country to a town of Judah, where she entered Zechariah's house and greeted Elizabeth.  When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leapt in her womb, Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and cried out in a loud voice:
"Blest are you among women and blest is the fruit of your womb. 
But who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me? The moment your greeting sounded in my ears, the baby leapt in my womb for joy.  Blest is she who trusted that the Lord's words to her would be fulfilled."

Mary's canticle  Luke 1 Ch: 46-55
canticle means ( liturgical hymn from the Bible)
Then Mary said:
"My being proclaims the greatness of the Lord, my spirit finds joy in God my Savior, For he has looked upon his servant in her lowliness; all ages to come shall call me blessed.  God who is mighty has done great things for me, holy is his name; His mercy is from age to age on those who fear him.  "He has shown might with his arm; he has confused the proud in their inmost thoughts.  He has deposed the mighty from their thrones and raised the lowly to high places.  The hungry he has given every good thing, while the rich he has sent empty away.  He has upheld Israel his servant, ever mindful of his mercy; Even as he promised our fathers, promised Abraham and his descendants forever."
The Hail Mary is Scripture Luke Ch 1 verses 28-42 ( Blest are you among women and blest is the fruit of your womb.)  Hail means : to good health !
Please go to the link on this blog called ( The Woman and the Dragon, St. Michael and Angels)
You will find Blessed Mary's Feast Day is on Aug. 15  ( When her body and soul was taken into Heaven.)