embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

St. Patrick's Breastplate Prayer ( words)

I bind unto myself today  
The strong name of the Trinity,
By invocation of the same,
the Three in One, and One in Three.

I bind this day to me forever,
By power of faith, Christs incarnation;
His baptism in the Jordon River
His death on the Cross for my Salvation;
His bursting from the spiced tomb
His riding up the heavenly way;
His coming at the day of doom
I bind unto myself today.

I bind unto myself the power
of the great love, of the Cherubim
The sweet 'well done' in judgement hour
The service of the Seraphim,
Confessors, faith, Apostles, word,
The patriarchs, prayers, the Prophets, scrolls,
All good deeds done unto the Lord,
and purity of Virgin souls.

I bind unto myself today
The virtues of the Starlit Heaven
The Glorious Sun's life-giving ray,
The whiteness of the moon at even
The flashing of the lightning free,
The whirling wind's tempestuous shocks
The stable earth, the deep salt sea.
Around the old eternal rocks.

I bind unto myself today
The Power of  God to hold and lead
His eye to watch, His might to stay,
His ear to hearken to my need,
The wisdom of my God to teach
His hand to guide, His shield to ward
The word of God to give me speech,
His heavenly host to be my guard.

Against the demon snares of sin,
The vice that gives temptation force
The natural lusts that war within,
The hostile men that mar my course,
or few , or many, far or nigh
In every place and in all hours,
Against their fierce hostility,
I bind to me these holy powers.

Against All Satan's spells and wiles,
Against false words of heresy,
Against the knowledge that defiles,
Against the hearts idolatry,
Against the wizards evil craft
Against the death wound and the burning,
The choking wave and the poisoned shaft.
Protect me Christ, till thy returning.

Christ be with me, Christ within me
Christ behind me, Christ before me
Christ beside me, Christ to win me
Christ to comfort and restore me
Christ beneath me, Christ above me
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger

I bind unto myself the Name
The strong Name of the Trinity
By invocation of the same,
The Three in One and One in Three
by whom all Nature hath creation

Eternal Father, Spirit, Word
Praise to the Lord of my Salvation
Salvation is of Christ the Lord. Amen

St. Patrick Pray For Us. 

Most Holy Trinity I adore you , My God, My God In the Most Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist.

Pray often or listen to the prayer in music- this prayer is most powerful, and will help build strength of Christ, Our Lord.
If you wish to sing along to to my home page / use web version for mobiles / click on : Oct. 2016 month / scroll down to the 12th and click on (St. Patrick's Breastplate Video) then sing along with words above video !

NOTE: Towards the ending of the song,( Where it says; Christ be with me) is so peaceful and beautiful!  God Bless Always
NOTE: If you wish to view a few more songs of this Prayer please go to links provided
"Deers Cry by Celtic Woman"  and another video called "The Deer Cry"

NOTE: Seraphim means: Nobles Angelic- are particularly focused on worshipping God in Heaven.

Cherubim means: Among the highest order of Angelic Beings in Heaven.

Incarnation means: The Word became Flesh and dwelt among Us; When this happened in the
                                   the womb of  Mary.