embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Sunday, February 5, 2017

ANNIVERSARY OF EMBRACE THE CROSS !

FEBRUARY 5TH,  ANNIVERSARY OF EMBRACE THE CROSS ***

May God's Divine love, his strength, and His blessings
Be Upon You and Your loved ones,
May He grant you comfort and peace.

(WE JOIN OUR CROSS WITH CHRIST CROSS)

Jesus walks in front of Us
we follow him
because we 
recognize His Voice !

With prayer always, Lori Foster

Silently by Tatiana
I Thirst ( A crucifixion Story) by Tatiana

He's Alive (song)
 Christ Be Our Light (song)
Blest Are They (song)
Christ Be Our Light ( Many People of ALL ages singing together)

THE GOOD SHEPHERD:

John Ch 10 V 1-18

Truly I assure you:
Whoever does not enter the sheepfold through
the gate
but climbs in some other way
is a thief and a marauder meaning: looter, raider, pirate
The one who enters through the gate
is shepherd of the sheep;
the keeper opens the gate for him.
The sheep hear his voice
as he calls his own by name
and leads them out.
When he has brought out (all) those that are
his,
he walks in front of them,
and the sheep follow him
because they recognize his voice.
They will not follow a stranger;
such a one they will flee,
because they do not recognize a stranger's
voice.

Even though Jesus used this figure with
them, they did not grasp what he was trying
to tell them.  He therefore said ( to them
again):

"My solemn word is this;
I AM the sheepgate.
All who came before me
were thieves and marauders meaning; looter, raider, pirate
whom the sheep did not heed.
I AM THE GATE. 
Whoever enters through me
will be safe. 
He will go in and out,
and find pasture.
The thief comes
only to steal and slaughter and destory,
I came that they might have life
and have it to the full.
I am the good shepherd;
the good shepherd lays down his life for the
sheep.
The hired hand-who is no shepherd
nor owner of the sheep-
catches sight of the wolf coming
and runs away, leaving the sheep
to be snatched and scattered by the wolf.
That is because he works for pay;
he has no concern for the sheep.

" I am the good shepherd,
I know my sheep
and my sheep know me."
In the same way that the Father knows me
and I know my Father;
for these sheep I will give my LIFE.
I have other sheep
that do not belong to this fold.
I must lead them, too,
and they shall hear MY VOICE.
There shall be ONE FLOCK THEN ONE SHEPHERD.
The Father loves me for this;
that I lay down my life
to take it up again.
NO ONE TAKES IT FROM ME;
I lay it down freely .
I have power to lay it down,
and I have power to take it up again.
This command I received from my Father."