embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Friday, December 8, 2017

My Gift for Jesus

Mama !  Papa ! Tell us about
Christmas !
Alright my child , We can do better
than that , we will show you
Christmas !

Before we leave to go in town
I want you and your brother
to go upstairs
in your bedrooms
and find a gift you would
like to give to baby Jesus !

What !  We are going to see
Jesus ?  Well , let me explain !
Your Father and I are going to
take you and your brother to
see a "Live Christmas Scene"
of the Nativity.

Remember the nativity is the
Birth of Jesus , and
 Blessed Mary
is Jesus mother, and Joseph is his
father .
A " Live Christmas Scene " are
people dressed up like Blessed
Mary, Joseph, and the wise men.
There will probably be a real baby
in the manger !

Ok !  we will find our presents
for Jesus !
Be sure not to show me nor
your father your gifts , we  want to be
surprised !

We enter into our town and
we can see the "Live Nativity Scene"
in the distance.

The night is cold and the stars above
are shining in the dark skies.

We arrive to the  "Live Nativity Scene"
and it was amazing !
The structure was made of wood and
straw was all around the ground.
There was a live cow and two sheep,
and even a real  donkey !

I look over to the out side of
the stable and there was even
a shepherd boy standing with his staff !

The "Live Nativity " was awesome !
The only lights inside the
stable were lanterns. And there
was an Angel standing with
a harp !

Every one in the  "Nativity Scene"
were dressed wonderfully !

I asked my mother "What about
baby Jesus ?"
Is there a baby in the manger ?
Suddenly we heard a tiny cry
and my question was answered.

As we arrived closer to the stable,
there was a bonfire to help keep
baby Jesus warm.  We could hear
soft Christmas music playing
in the background.

The line of the people was beginning
to grow and my family preceded
to get in line to see the "Live Nativity
Scene."!

As the line was moving forward
I noticed people were placing gifts
near the manger.
Some people had sacks of
food that was placed in a
cardboard box.

I tugged on my mama's coat and asked
"Who are those three men standing
next to Jesus holding shiny gold
things in their hands?

She explained to me that they were
the three wise men that traveled
far and followed the star in the sky.
The star helped them find where
Jesus was after he was born.
She further explained how
they gave baby Jesus, some
gold, frankincense and
myrrh an oil . They were
expensive gifts for Jesus.

I thought about my gift that
I brought for Jesus, and I was
wondering if it would be
good enough.

The line kept moving forward
and I could see a
 little old woman ,
 presenting her gift to Jesus.
She unfolded a blanket and
spoke humbly " I have been
saving this for you for months.
I made it myself."  She placed
the blanket inside the manger
to keep baby Jesus warm.

Now it was our families turn
and I was getting a little
nervous.  My parents
placed their gifts of
food and paper goods in
the card board box written
on the front
 " For Families In
Need."

My little brother went up to
the manger with his gift
 inside of his wrinkled
sack he had been holding.
He pulled out his
silky blue pillow that he
was very  attached to.
My parents with a surprised look ,
smiled
as my little brother placed his pillow
in the manger.
 The pillow was gently placed underneath
baby Jesus head with the help of the
man dressed as Joseph.

Now it was my turn and I
slowly pull my gift out from
my coat pocket. It was my holy
rosary that my grandmother  made
for my birthday .
The color was blue and I thought
baby Jesus would love it !

I walked up to the manger
and looked at the baby Jesus.
I glanced up to the woman
dressed as  Blessed Mary.
She gave me a nod with
  a warm gentle smile .

I looked at baby Jesus with
a smile and
touched his tiny warm hands.

I walked over to Mary,
and placed my blue rosary in
her hands.
She looked at my gift and
tear drops fell from her cheeks.

I whispered in her ear in saying
" When baby Jesus grows up
can you give this to him ?"

The woman dressed as
Blessed Mary , looked down
upon me and smiled.
She whispered back in saying
"I will and thank you my
child , Merry Christmas !
Warm wishes , by Lori

THE SMALL WOODEN CROSS / STORY 12-21-17

Christmas songs below: (May you have a Merry and Blessed Christmas !  with my love, Lori)

Luke Ch. 2 Verses 8-20 ( An Angel of the Lord appeared to them, and God's
Glory shone around them and they were terrified, but the Angel said to
them "Do not be afraid I bring you news of great joy that will be for
all people !  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to
you he is Christ the Lord.  This will be a sign to you. You will find
a baby wrapped in clothes and lying in a manger.
Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared
with the Angel , praising God and saying "Glory to God in the Highest,
and on Earth peace to men of good will !

A Christmas Message / 12-2016

Words in Songs of Prayer in Holy Mass 7-2016

  Real / 07-2017

Mary Did You Know / 11-2017

Little Drummer Boy / 11-2016

O Holy Night / 11-2016

Angels We Have Heard On High   / 12-2017

O Holy Night , by Carrie Underwood / 12-2017

Silent Night , by Faith Hill /12-2017