embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

My Child Has A Name

You feel empty my child.
The world has told you
that you will feel free !
That you can do whatever
you want and you will
be fine.

Your friends said
"It's your body 
do what you think is best
for you."

You even have support
from your own family
in reminding you
that your baby will be
better off !
They tell you that ,
you have no job and
no time for a baby !
Who will raise it ?

Your boyfriend is at your
side and even he can't
seem to give you 
the answers you are
wanting.

I am alone my God !
I am empty inside 
and I feel so lost.

where can I begin in
this pain ?

A presence surrounds me
and peace overflows
within.

I know that Jesus is 
listening to me , and
it is he who has
the answer I am
looking for.

He speaks gently 
to me Name It !

I can feel his embrace
all around me.

Name your child and you will
find peace that I will
give to you.

Name your child and you will
find rest within me.

I begin to think about
what my Lord was asking
of me.
No One has ever told me
to Name It !

People remain so silent
about my unborn baby.

My God is telling me now
to name it?

I don't even know the 
sex of my child.
How can I name it ?

I thought about it
some more and
God was again
telling me to
Name it !

I began to think of
a name that I could
call my unborn baby.

Now my Lord is telling
me to write it down.

I find an index card
and I write down my
unborn babies name.

Tears begin to flow
and they flow ,
falling onto my
card.

I pick up the written 
index card with the
name I picked out.
I placed it towards
my lips and kiss it.
More tears begin
to flow.

I could feel nothing
but God's peace
among my whole
body.

I pick up the index
card and draw a small
heart beside my 
unborn babies name.

I place the index card
underneath my pillow.

There I will find it and
begin my new day in
knowing that
my unborn child
has a name.

It will bring me peace
in knowing that I 
am the one that
gave it !

I could feel my Lord's
light all around me.

He will be the one
that will lift me up
and remind me 
of how much love
he has for me.
For I did as I was
asked " my child
has a name ."

1 Corinthians Ch 6 V 19-20
You must know that your body
is a temple of the Holy Spirit,
who is within - the spirit you
have received from God.
You are not your own.
You have been purchased
and at a price !
so Glorify God in your body.

***No Longer / 1-2018