embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Seven Last Words of Christ

The First word of Jesus on the Cross:
"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."(Luke Ch. 23: Verses 32-34)
Forgive us, Father:
For our cruelty and injustice towards others
For our lack of faith and hope
For our absence of compassion
For our refusal to forgive others
For our stubbornness toward others
For our rejections of others points of view
For our own self-centeredness
For our neglect of the common good
For ignoring the sufferings of others
For not understanding others
For persecuting the good and the kind
for not being examples of the Word of God
Father , forgive us / as we forgive others

The Second word of Jesus on the Cross:
"Today you will be with me in paradise." (Luke Ch. 23: Verses 35-43)
Be with me, Lord:
When I am in distress and sorrow
When I hurt and am afflicted
When I am unjustly accused and rejected
When I am making decisions and judgements
when I determine values and priorities
When I am at the hour of death
When I live out my Christian morals
Jesus goes to His Father's house ; where he prepares
many mansions for us.

The Third word of Jesus on the Cross:
"Woman , behold your son." (John Ch. 19: Verses 16-27)
Behold us, your children:
Mary, Mother of Jesus and of us all
Mary, giving birth in Bethlehem's stable
Mary , sharing Jesus with shepherds
Mary , fleeing into Egypt / Joseph was given a warning in
a dream to flee with Mary and baby Jesus/ King Herod was
seeking to kill Jesus / Joseph awoke Mary and they left
in haste with Jesus.
Mary, faithful wife
Mary, devoted mother
Mary,  good neighbor
Mary, walking the Way of the Cross
Mary, standing at the foot of the cross
Mary, mother of the Church
Mary, model of Christian life
Mary, accepting God's will to be the Mother of Jesus
Hail Mary full of grace (Luke Ch. 1: Verses 28-42)

The fourth word of Jesus on the Cross:
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me ?"  (Matthew Ch. 27: Verses 45-47  & Psalm 22)
Do not forsake us ! :
In time of temptation
When we are afraid
When we feel alone and isolated
When we are rejected by others
When we are in doubt and confused
When we are in pain and heartache
When we are in the power of enemies
When we realize our weakness and lack of power
I and My Father will dwell within you / and we shall be one together.

The fifth word of Jesus on the Cross:
"I Thirst." ( John Ch. 19: Verses 28-29)
For closer union with You
For justice and peace among all people
For a deeper life of prayer and penance
For the joys of the spirit
for the peace of the spirit
For the peace of Our Lord
For the freedom of God's children
For closer relationships of trust and love
for greater faith in you
For greater hope and confidence in you, O Lord
for greater love of You, O Lord
For the salvation of souls,  I thirst !

The sixth word of Jesus on the Cross:
"It is finished." ( John Ch. 19: Verses 30-37)
You  have done all things well:
You are God become man
You have saved us from our sins
You established your church for our salvation
You  have given us of yourself
In the mass you bring Calvary to all people
In the Eucharist You share Your Body and Blood / John Ch.6: Verses 32-71
In Baptism You share Your Life with us / Matthew Ch. 3: Verses 13-17
In Confirmation You give us Your Spirit / Acts Ch.8: V.14-17, Ch.9 V.17, Ch.19: V.6  & 
Hebrews Ch.6: Verse 2 which speaks of laying on the hands for the purpose of
bestowing the Holy Spirit.
In Reconciliation or Confession You wash away our sins / John Ch. 20 : Verses 19-25
You have died in time / that we may live in eternity.

The seventh word of Jesus on the Cross:
"Father , into Your hands I commit My Spirit." (Luke Ch. 23 : Verses 44-56)
I am yours:
You are the potter, I am the clay , Jesus
I am Your servant in this world, Jesus
All life is from You and returns to You , Jesus
Alone I am nothing ; I can do nothing, Jesus
In you my weakness becomes strength, Jesus
Your smallest word is wisdom to people, Jesus
I belong to You , Jesus
I want nothing more than to do Your will , Jesus
Your will is my goal, Jesus
Father , into Your hands / I commit my spirit

Abba / 3-2017

Forever Will I Sing / 7-2016

Lamb of God / 7-2016

The Gloria / 7-2016

Holy Holy Holy / 7-2016

The Lords Prayer / 7-2016 / Our Father prayer

Communion Song / 7-2016