embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Appearance to the Disciples

John Ch. 20 Verses 19-31 (After Jesus Resurrection)
On the evening of that first day of the week, even
though the disciples had locked the doors of the
place where they were for fear of the Jews, Jesus
came and stood before them.  "Peace be with you, "
he said.  When he had said this, he showed them
his hands and his side.  At the sight of the Lord the
disciples rejoiced. "Peace be with you,"
he said again.
"As the Father has sent me, so I send you."
Then he breathed on them and said:
"Receive the Holy Spirit.
If you forgive men's sins,
They are forgiven them;
if you hold them bound,
they are held bound."

Thomas.  It happened that one of the
Twelve , Thomas ( the name means "Twin")
was absent when Jesus came. The other disciples
kept telling him: "We have seen the Lord!"
His answer was, "I will never believe it without
putting my finger in the nail marks and my hand
into his side."
A week later, the disciples were once more
in the room, and this time Thomas was with
them.  Despite the locked doors, Jesus
came and stood before them "Peace be
with you," he said; then, to Thomas;
"Take your finger and examine my hands.
Put your hand into my side. Do not persist\
in your unbelief, but believe !"  Thomas said
in response, "My Lord and my God !"
Jesus then said to him;
"You became a believer because you
saw me.
Blest are they who have not seen
and believe."

Conclusion . Jesus performed many other
signs as well-- signs not recorded here--
in the presence of his disciples.  But\
these have been recorded to help you believe
that Jesus is the Messiah. the Son of God,
so that through this faith you may have
life in his name.