embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Friday, May 18, 2018

An Empty Soldier

My Dear Lord,
When I was a child and I would
fall , my parents would pick me
up , and place me on my
feet again.

When I was getting older
I began to discover everything
about you !

I would go to Church and
listen to the  words spoken
about you and all you gave to
your People !

There was something so
comforting about that
time period in my
life.

My parents set the "Time"
for me in allowing me
to hear your  "Words"
 and receive you in
"The Holy Eucharist."

During Mass I would
witness children, whom
were somewhat older
than I , sing to you !

I could see thier
inspiration of wanting
to learn the prayers
and songs !

I wanted to be just like
them ' Oh Lord ,
pleasing to you !

I became a teenager
and continued on in
my obedience to you
dear Lord .

I could see "Mass"
was the most important
part in our family.

I knew without Mass
my family would never
be the same , furthermore
I would never be the
same either.

I am now in my young
adult life and off on
my own !

Oh ' how the world
seems so bright ,
vibrant, and full of
opportunities!

It is now up to me
to make my decision
about you Oh' Lord.

I am finding out that life
can be difficult and
so much is happening
around me.

I try to give my attention
towards my workplace,
my friends and family.

But where are you Lord
in my place ?

I will make it to you Jesus

I know the Sabbath is
near and I will truly
show up for you !

Time has passed Lord and
I simply couldn't fit you in.
Please forgive me !

I will be certain to
get to you next weekend.

Oh ' my schedule is so busy
with my friends and my workplace
is wearying me out .

I am looking forward
for my weekend plans !

I told myself I would get to
you Jesus.

Time as passed Lord and
I simply couldn't fit you in.
Please forgive me !

I will be certain to get
to you next weekend.

My Life is going well,
my job is becoming
successful and I am
meeting great people !
I am learning so much in
my career !

I am trying to build my
relationship with
somebody special !

My weekends are becoming
so full , I simply have
little time to fit you in
Lord.

I haven't received you in
the "Holy Eucharist" for
months now.
Surely I will get back
on track.

Sorry my Lord !
My schedule is
so full .

I drive by a large
Church carefully
structured and sitting
in ALL of it''s beauty !

I think to myself
"It's a place I once
knew."
"It's a place I knew
very well and
received alot of
joy !

I reminded myself
it's a place so
special that I
received Christ
Body and Blood
offered up for me
and the whole
world +++

I receive a phone
call from my friend
in wanting to make
plans for the weekend !

I answer back "Yeah
that would be great !"

Passing by the Church
I tell myself
"Remember what was
given to me as I was
growing up ."

I continue in asking
myself " What does
Mass really mean to
me for I have been
away for so long."

I continue on in
my thinking "My 
Sacrament of
Confirmation" was
given to me as a
teenager in receiving
the gift of the 
'Holy Spirit' in
becoming a
"Soldier for Christ."

"I  have become an empty soldier."

I turn my car back around and
head back to the large Church
that awaits for me.

I quietly enter into the Church
doors and find a person
kneeling in prayer.

I find my place in a pew
and kneel down before
 my Lord +++

I look all around and see
ALL the beauty within.
ALL the stories are
echoing from the
stain glass windows +++

I see you My Lord ' in
ALL you endured at
Calvary and picking
up your Cross for
me +++

I see you hanging on
The Cross with ALL
your piercing , your
blood shed for US.

You reminding me
"I did this for You."+++

Christ touched me at
that very moment
and words of mine
are unspoken.

Looking up I see
his beautiful Altar
that is empty for now
but I know during
Mass you come
again !

Jesus is the lamb of
God who takes away 
the sins of the world !
Blessed are they who
comes to the Supper
of the Lamb.

I have been empty for
so long !
Help me Oh' Lord !
Help me to remain
with you and not
place you to the
side.

I make the sign of the
Cross towards Jesus
at His altar and towards
the tabernacle ; it is
there where he is always
present (consecrated host; body
and his blood)
the dwelling place of his
holiness remains in
ALL tabernacles for
ALL +++

I received God's own grace
that day and it was a feeling
I can't describe +++

I began to walk back
to my car and read my
recent text message.
My friend was wanting
to make our weekend
plans !

I replied back " I will
be going to Mass this
weekend ."  

I asked my friend
for the first time
"Would you like
to come with me ?"

Dear Ones,
May we look at our
lives and see where
we have been and
where we are going.
If you can try your
best to attend Mass or
a Church Service near
your home.
If you are unable to
attend may you view
a Church Service or
Mass on T.V. or listen
to one on your
radio furtermore
on the internet.

God Bless You Always,
Lori 

A Text Message from God / 1-2018

Everything , by Lifehouse / 2-2018