embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Feast Day of Corpus Christi


Corpus Christi /  means : Body and Blood of Christ 


Exodus Ch: 24  Verse 3-8 / old testament
When Moses came to the people and
related all the words and ordinances 
of the Lord , they all answered with
one voice."We will do everything 
that the Lord has told us." 
Moses then wrote down all the 
words of the Lord and , rising early
the next day , he erected at the foot
of the mountain an altar and twelve
tribes of Israel . Then , having sent
certain young men of the Israelites to
offer holocausts and sacrifice young
bulls as peace offering to the Lord. 
Moses took half of the blood and 
put it in large bowls; the other half
he splashed on the altar. Taking
the book of the covenant, he read
it aloud to the people , who answered
"All that the Lord has said, we will
heed and do. "  Then he took the 
blood and sprinkled it on the people
saying ,"This is the blood of the 
covenant which the Lord has made
with you in accordance with all 
these words of his."

Psalms 116 Verses 12-18 / old testament ; one of the wisdom books
How shall I make a return to the Lord
for all the good he has done for me ?
The cup of salvation I will take up ,
and I will call upon the name of the
Lord; 
My vows to the Lord I will  pay
in the presence of all his people.
Precious in the eyes of the Lord
is the death of his faithful ones. 
O Lord , I am your servant;
I am your servant , the son of 
your handmaid;
you have loosed my bonds.
To you will I offer sacrifice 
of thanksgiving, and I will
call upon the name of the Lord.
My vows to the Lord I will pay
in the presence of all his 
people. 

Hebrews Ch:9 Verses 11-15 / new testament ; The Sacrifice of Jesus
But when Christ came as High Priest 
of the good things which have come
to be, he entered once for all into
the sanctuary, passing through
the greater and more perfect 
tabernacle not made
by hands , that is , not belonging
to this creation.  He entered , not
with the blood of goats and calves
but with his own blood, and achieved
eternal redemption.  for if the blood
of goats and bulls and the sprinkling
of a heifer's ashes can sanctify
those who are defiled so that thier
flesh is cleaned, how much more
will the blood of Christ , who 
through the eternal spirit offered
himself up unblemished to God,
cleanse our conscience from dead
works to worship the living God !
This is why he is mediator of a new
covenant ; since his death has taken
place for deliverance from transgressions
committed under the first covenant,
those who are called may receive the
promise eternal inheritance. 
(defiled means : to make dirty or to make it lose it's purity)
(transgression means: an act that goes against a law , rule
or code of conduct ; an offense)

Mark Ch: 14 Verses 12-16 / new testament ; The Passover Preparation
On the First day of Unleavened Bread , when it was
customary to sacrifice the paschal lamb , his
disciples said to him, "Where do you wish to go
to prepare the Passover supper for you ?"
He sent two of his disciples with these
instructions; "Go into the city and you will
come upon a man carrying a water jar . Follow
him.  Whatever house he enters , say to the 
owner, The Teacher asks, Where is my guest
room where I may eat the Passover with
my disciples?"  Then he will show you 
an upstairs room, spacious, furnished,
and all in order.  That is the place you are
to get ready for us."  The disciples went
off. When they reached the city they found
it just as he had told them and they
prepared the Passover supper.

Mark Ch: 14 Verses 22-26 / The Holy Eucharist
During the meal he took bread, blessed and broke it,
and gave it to them. "Take this ," he said, "this is my
body."  He likewise took a cup , gave thanks and passed
it to them, and they all drank from it. He said to them ;
"This is my blood , the blood of the covenant, to 
be poured out on behalf of many. I solemnly assure
you, I will never again drink of the fruit of the
vine until the day when I drink it new in the 
reign of God." 
After singing songs of praise, they walked
out to the Mount of Olives.