embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

My Beautiful Cities

I enter into the cities of
"My World !"
I can see all the remarkable
and  well structured
architecture all around this
city !
I can see the hustle and bustle
of the people !
Many taking buses , subway
trains, and taxi cabs.
There were monuments of
important people that were
held of high regard .
I slowly walk along the
sidewalks with people
passing me by !
I am not dressed very
fancy!  My jeans are
a bit dirty and my shoes
are worn out with a
hole on the side.
But I am not letting
that stop me !
I want to see this
fascinating wonder
to my eyes !
I have a red flannel on
with suspenders and
a backpack on my
back.
I am probably sticking
out like a sore thumb
but I can't let that
keep me from enjoying
this beautiful city !
I go into a coffee shop
and buy myself a cup
of coffee and a hot dog.
Conveniently I find a
green wooden bench
outside the shop to
take a load off !
Suddenly , I can hear
beautiful music in the
background ! It's a
fiddler playing a
Christmas tune  in
July ! It was so lovely
It brought me back
to my birthday !
You see I was born
on December 25th !
My Mother was a
beautiful Jewish woman
with an oblong face and
long brown hair. She
protected me and cared
for me. Her love was so
cherished and so pure!
As I grew up she listened
to my every word ! Her
leather strap sandals
followed mine.
Excuse me sir ' can
you move onto the sidewalk ?
A parade is coming through !
The people were making
their grand entrance on horses
and floats with patriotic costumes !
There were many red, white, and
blue flags waving in the sky !
Clown's were passing out candy
near the sidewalks with
 children eagerly waiting !
The people were all so happy
with food and music echoing
throughout the tall buildings !
The police were keeping
everyone in direction to make
room for the marching band!
This was a joyous celebration
of  "Independence Day" and
one could tell there was much
to be proud of !
I look in the distance and I
spot a large Cathedral beautifully
towering over the little shop's
below !
The streetlights began to
shine upon the city streets and
everyone was waiting on fireworks
to light up the sky !
Parent's were sitting by their
children keeping them close by,
and people of all ages were
mingling in groups laughing
and carrying on !
I decided to wait patiently
for the Fireworks show to
begin ! I pulled out my small
wool blanket from my bag
 and found a high spot on
a grassy hillside. I observed
the people on that eventful
day !  I found many interesting
places to visit and things to see !
The flowers and pieces of art
display was satisfying to
embrace !
This was such a lovely city !
I began saying farewell to
the people along the shops and
sidewalks ! I smiled with a
nod as I passed them by . They
were still being mesmerized by the
spectacular show in the sky !
As I go near the outer skirts
of the city ; I turn around
to take one last look of
it's splendor and
wonderful activities !
I stand near a beautiful
bridge made of brick with
light poles marking it's
way ! Before making
my exit ,  I proudly look
over towards the city !
 My  worn out shoes
 and red flannel shirt
became a soft white
color !
My suspenders became
a light shade of gray
 and my bag became a
 golden shepherd's hook !
I smile towards the
beautiful city with
my arms in an out
stretched position.
I placed my sign of
cross over the whole
city' with
my Divine Blessing!
 "I grant
you peace and love
among your city !
May you always have
unity , prosperity, and
complete love for one
another ! May you
forever keep your
faith, hope, and love
within  me and I in you !
I will never leave you !

Above All

Jesus in Disguise 

Give Me Your Eyes

Hallelujah

O' Come Emmanuel

City on A Hill

You Raise Me Up

Humble and Kind

Don't Stop Believing 

Heroic Acts / 6-10-2020