embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Quotes from the Hiding Place

 Corrie Ten Boom's Father said ," There are two things we can do when we feel pain of Love !

We can kill the Love so that it stops hurting. But then of course part of us dies , too . Or,

we can ask God to open up another route for that Love to travel."


Corrie Learned from her Mother when her mom was crippled and three years of paralysis from a stroke .

Her Mom said,"Love is larger that the walls which shut it in."


Corrie's Father spoke: Love is the strongest force in the world, and when it is blocked that means pain.

Whenever we  cannot love in the Human way God can give us the perfect way. 

Psalms: "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.....Thou art my hiding place and my shield I hope in thy Word."


Corrie's Mother said,"Happiness isn't something that depends on our surroundings ; It's something we make inside ourselves."


Corrie's Father was wise in saying : Some knowledge is too heavy for children ; when you are older and stronger you can bare it ! For now you must trust me to carry it for you."


When Corrie was young she went with her family to visit a family who lost their little baby. She touched the fingers of the small curled hand ; later that night corrie burst into tears when her Father came to tuck her into bed. She yelled out. "I need you !" You can't die ! you can't !"  

Corrie's Father sat beside her on the narrow bed.  He said,"When you and I go to Amsterdam ; when do I give you your ticket.?"  "Just before we get on the train."  "Exactly.  Our wise Father in heaven knows when we're going to need things too.  Don't run out ahead of him.  When the time comes that some of us will have to die, you will look into your heart and find the strength you need --- Just in time."