embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Friday, August 20, 2021

Protection

 Psalm Ch. 5 V 11

But let all who take refuge in you be glad;

let them ever sing for joy.  spread your

protection over them, that those who

love your name may rejoice in you.


Psalm 12 V 5

Because the poor are plundered and the

needy groan, I will now arise, "says the

Lord.  "I will protect them from those who

malign them."

Malign :  evil in nature or effect


Psalm 57 V 1

Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy

on me, for in you I take refuge.  I will take

refuge in the shadow of your wings until the

disaster has passed.


Psalm 59 V1

Deliver me from my enemies, O God , be

my fortress against those who are attacking

me.


Psalm 138 V 7

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you

preserve my life.  You stretch out your hand

against the anger of my foes; with your right

hand you save me.


Psalm 140 V 4

Keep me safe, Lord, from the hands of

the wicked; protect me from the violent,

who devise ways to trip my feet.


2 Samuel Ch. 22 V 3-4

My God is my rock , in whom I take refuge

my shield and the horn of my salvation. He

is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--

from violent people you save me.  "I called

to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and

have been saved from my enemies.


John Ch.10 V 28-30

I give them eternal life, and they shall

never perish; no one will snatch them out of

my hand.  My Father, who has given them

to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch

them out of my Father's hand.  I and the

Father are one."


Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing

He makes me lie down in green pastures , he

leads me beside quiet waters, he

refreshes my soul.  He guides me along the

right paths for his name's sake.  Even

though I walk through the darkest valley

I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your

rod and your staff , they comfort me.  You

prepare a table before me in the presence

of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil;

my cup overflows.  Surely your goodness

and love will follow me all the days of my

\life, and I will dwell in the house of the

Lord forever. 

__________________________________________

He who is Mighty, 3-2017

Spirit of the Living God , 5-2020

Cling to Christ ,  4-2017

Sooner Count The Stars , 4-2017

Jesu, Dulcis Memoria , 4-2018