embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Friday, September 30, 2022

Turning a deaf ear and blind eye

Proverbs Ch:28 V-9: His prayer shall be made cursed,

that boweth away his ear (who turneth away his ear.)

"If one turns away his ear from hearing God's law, even

his prayer is an abomination." If you find yourself

treasuring sin and avoiding God's Word, repent.


Psalm 109 V1-7:My God, whom I praise,

do not remain silent,

for people who are wicked and deceitful

have opened their mouths against me;

they have spoken against me with lying

tongues. With words of hatred they surround

me; they attack me without cause.

In return for my friendship they accuse me,

but I am a man of prayer.

They repay me evil for good,

and hatred for my friendship.

Appoint someone evil to oppose

my enemy; let an accuser stand at

his right hand.

When he is tried, let him be found

guilty, and may his prayers

condemn him. 

Note: When we deliberately turn a deaf ear

and blind eye to the precepts of God taught in his Word

preferring our own way over God's revealed will, our

prayers become presumptuous at best. 


Psalm 28 of David, To you I call, O Lord my Rock; do

not turn a deaf ear to me. for if you remain silent, I will

be like those who have done down to the pit. Hear my 

cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my

hands towards your Most Holy Place.

Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who

do evil, who speak cordially with their neighbors but

harbor malice in their hearts.(malice: the intention or

desire to do evil; ill will.)

Repay them for their deeds and for their evil work; repay

them for what their hands have done and bring back

upon them what they deserve. 

since they show no regard for the works of the Lord 

and what his hands have done, he will tear them

down and never build them up again.

Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for

mercy.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart

trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for

joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of 

salvation for his anointed one.

Save your people and bless your inheritance; be 

their shepherd and carry them forever.

___________________________________________

Isaiah Ch: 59 V1-2: Surely the arm of the Lord is not

too short to save,

nor his ear too dull to hear.

But your iniquities have separated

you from your God;

your sins have hidden his face from you,

so that he will not hear.

________________________________________

No Longer Slaves

Survivor

Less Like Me

God I look to you

For the one