embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Monday, January 16, 2023

The Story Behind the song Amazing Grace with videos

 Amazing Grace was written by a former slave trader John Newton.

Once sailing a ship full of slaves from Africa his ship was hit by

a fierce storm.  Newton feared for his life and got down on his

knees and begged the good Lord to spare his life. He promised

the Lord that if he would only spare his life he would change

his ways and stop trading slaves. 

The storm calmed down and Newton wrote the song 

"Amazing Grace", full of sorrow and love and hope

that he would be forgiving of his sins.


One of the most powerful songs ever written and this is one

of the most beautiful versions recorded. 

Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound

that saved a wretch like me.

I once was lost, but now I'm found.

Was blind, but now I see.


'Twas grace that taught me heart to feel

and grace my fears relieved.

How precious did that grace appear

the hour I first believed.


Through many dangers toils and snared

We have already come.

'Twas grace that brought us safe that far

and grace will lead us home.


When we've been there ten thousand years

Bright shining as the sun,

We've no less days to sing God's praise

Than when we'd first begun.


Amazing grace, how sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me.

I once was lost, but now I'm found.

Was blind, but now I see.

___________________________

Amazing Grace (song)

Amazing Grace 

Survivor

No Longer Slaves

Rescue Story