embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Thursday, April 6, 2023

My Tiny Bag

 It was a crisp spring day and 

the warmth of the sun shined

through the window upon

 my tiny body.

I could hear all kinds of voices 

surrounding me. 

I was placed inside a warmer

where I was being carefully

weighed and wiped down.

I was then placed in a

warm blanket.

I was given to a special person

who was very tired and wanted

to hold me. 

She held me in her arms

and touched my silky dark hair.

She bent down and kissed me

on my soft cheeks. But she was

silent and her love was overwhelming.

Her tears ran down her beautiful

face and fell onto mine.

She gently handed me to

a nurse and I was taken away.

This special person was

my birth mom!

I hear new voices of a 

man and women 

who were waiting

for me in a nearby room.

The nurse brings me to 

them in my comfortable

bassinet. I was freshly

bathed with a tiny

white shirt on and wrapped

in a soft blanket. 

I'm still wondering about my 

birth Mom and where did she

go?

I hear a man and women's 

voice near my 

tiny frame and they touch

my little hand. 

The man and women

 tell me how beautiful I

am and they feel so blessed

to have me!

I see them walking down the

hallway giving

 my birth Mom a hug.

They also handed her

a tiny box with a piece

of jewelry inside.

She will always be "My

hero!"

The man and women

I had seen earlier

picked me up ever so 

gently, each with a

kiss onto my tiny 

head.

My new adopted Mom,

held me against her

chest. Suddenly her tears

flowed and touched

me cheeks. 

My eyes looked up

at my new parents

 and they were 

 proudly looking 

down at me! 

I began to cry and they 

comforted me. 

The nurse gently

takes me from them

for my feeding. 

Where are my new parents?

Where did they go?

Shortly later I arrive

in this cozy room

down the hallway.

The room has a

bed for my new mom

and a roll away

bed for my new dad! 

I also see two large bags

sitting on top of the bed,

 but I also

see a tiny bag sitting next to

theirs as well.

I hear familiar voices

coming in the doorway!

It's my parents holding a

small box from my birth mom!

The box was for me!

It was a piece of jewelry

with a written note inside.

and they placed it carefully inside

my tiny bag. 

______________________________

Your Great Name

Oh The Deep Deep Love