embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Friday, May 28, 2021

God Arises His Enemies are Scattered

 

_________________________________

Psalm 68 

God arises; his enemies are scattered,

and those who hate him flee before him.

As smoke is driven away, so are they driven;

as wax melts before the fire,

as the wicked perish before God.

But the just rejoice and exult before God;

they are glad and rejoice.

Sin to God, chant praise to his name

extol him who rides upon the clouds,

Whose name is the Lord;

exult before him.

The father of orphans and the defender of

widows

is God in his holy dwelling.

God gives a home to the forsaken;

he leads forth prisoners to prosperity;

only rebels remain in the parched land. 

Psalm 73

How good God is to the upright;

the Lord, to those who are clean of heart !

Bus , as for me, I almost lost my balance;

my feet all but slipped,

Because I was envious of the arrogant

when I saw them prosper though they were

wicked.

For they are in no pain;

their bodies are sound and sleek;

They are free from the burdens of mortals,

and are not afflicted like the rest of men.

So pride  adorns them as a necklace;

as a robe violence enwraps them.

Out of their crassness comes iniquity;

their fancies overflow their hearts.

They scoff and speak evil;

outrage from on high they threaten.

They set their mouthings in place of heaven,

and their pronouncements roam the earth;

"So he brings his people to such a pass

that they have not even water!"

And they say, "How does God know?"

And, "Is there any knowledge in the Most

High?"

Such, then are the wicked;

always carefree, while they increase in

wealth.

Is it but in vain I  have kept my heart clean

and washed my hands as an innocent man?

for I suffer affliction day after day

and chastisement with each new dawn.

Had I thought, "I will speak as they do,"

I had been false to the fellowship of your

children.

Though I tried to understand this

it seemed to me too difficult.

Till I entered the sanctuary of God

and considered their final destiny.

You set them, indeed on a slippery road;

you hurl them down to ruin.

How suddenly they are made desolate!

They are completely wasted away amid

horrors.

As though they were the dream of one who

had awakened, O Lord.

so will you, when you arise, set at nought

these phantoms.

Because my heart was embittered and

my soul was pierced,

I was stupid and understood not;

I was like a brute beast in your presence.

Yet with you I shall always be;

you have hold of my right hand;

With your counsel you guide me.

and in the end you will receive me in glory.

Whom else have I in heaven?

and when I am with you, the earth delights

me not.

Though my flesh and my heart and my portion

forever.

For indeed, they who withdraw from you perish;

you destroy everyone who is unfaithful to you.

But for me, to be near God is my good;

to make the Lord God my refuge.

I shall declare all your works

in the gates of the daughter of Zion.

May God Bless You and Your loved ones,

Lori Foster

Ashes Remain ; 4-2021

What Are You Painting Today ?/ 4-20-2021