embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Friday, December 8, 2017

I Will Carry You / Story

The Weight is heavy on my shoulders
and I keep carrying my heavy load.

I can see in the distance, a large
hill and I must keep going
forward.
I look to my right and all
I can see is deep snow.
I look to my left and the
darkness of mud is ever so
thicken.

How can I carry this heavy load
through it all?
I am standing all alone.
I feel helpless and I ask myself
where do I begin?

What direction am I to go
and will I make it to the
other side?

I carry my heavy load on top
of my shoulders.
I move forward in the direction
of the deep snow.
I am afraid my load will be
too heavy and I must not
let it go!

I precede to step forward
onto paths unknown.

My heavy load that I am
carrying is weighing
me down and making
me weak.

The snow becomes deeper and
I feel I must turn back around.
I feel cold, uncertain, and
beside myself.

I am walking on the snowy path and
I look down towards the ground.
I fall to my knees and begin.
to sob.

I cry out to the heavens.
"I don't know if I can make it!"
I can't carry this load
by myself!"

I cry some more with my
load on my shoulders
and the snow beneath
my feet.

Suddenly, the snow begins.
to fall down upon my face
and I find myself fully
covered in snow.

I manage to pull myself up
and try to step forward.

Tears keep flowing down
my face and fear begin to
set in.

Suddenly, I can see in the
distance a figure of a person.
This person is walking on
the same path. He has a heavy
white cloak on and seems to
be walking with a staff
in his hand.

The snow keeps falling
upon me and the path is
getting deeper.

I must not lose sight of
this person and I must
keep following
his staff.

I yell out to the person
on the path of snow, however
I received no answer!

I keep struggling to keep
up and I can barely see
his staff.

I am finding myself getting
weaker and at this point I know
I will be lost.

I begin to let go some of my
load from my shoulders
and it allowed me to go
forward.

I can still see the staff
in the distance ahead
of me!

Finally, I reach the
person in the heavy white
cloak. It was a man
and his staff seemed
so strong!

I yell out to the man.
"Please, sir, will you
kindly lead me the way?

The man turns to me
and speaks "First you
must let go of your load
you are carrying."

But sir, I need to carry
these things for they
belong to me!

The man speaks again.
"NO, my child the load 
is too heavy to carry.
YOU MUST LET GO."

The man seemed to be
wise, therefore I did
as he asked of me
I LET IT GO!

He began to go forward in
the heavy snow and
I followed him.

The snow was getting heavier
and much harder to walk
through.

I began slowing down
with tears flowing
down my cold cheeks.

The man went over to me
and asked me a question
"Are you still holding on
to your heavy load, 
my child?"

No! I left it behind!

He looked peacefully
down upon me in saying
"Don't ever carry that
load again, and never
look back!"

But sir, those things
were very difficult
to leave behind!

He spoke again
"Do you wish to go forward?

Yes Sir, I do, and I must!

I looked up into the
man's eyes and they
pierced my soul.

I knew instantly the man
was my Lord Jesus!

I spoke ever so meekly to
the man "You are my Lord!"
How is it that you would
meet me out on this
lonely path?"

The Lord said, "It is in
your loneliness where
I will find you and I
am near."

He looked down upon me
and said, "Do You Trust Me?"

Yes, Lord I trust in you!

Then take my hand and follow me.

To my amazement! My Lord lifted me out
of the heavy path that was weighing
me down.

My Lord reminded me to
never carry that heavy
load again
and never look back. 

I held onto Jesus hand
with his strong staff
in his other.
TOGETHER we walked
through the storm.

We climbed many hills
and I never let go of
my Lord!

We finally made
it to the other side
of the snowy hill.

I knew I had to let go
of our Lords beautiful and
strong hand and
say good-bye.

I asked Jesus
Who will carry my load
I left behind?

Jesus spoke "I will be the
one who carries your
heavy load.  I will 
pick up ALL the 
broken pieces and
put them where they
need to be.
I WILL CARRY ALL
THE HEAVY BURDENS
AND DIRTY CLOTHS.
I WILL WIPE THEM 
AWAY AND MAKE
THEM NEW!

But my Lord!  I had
important things I was
carrying!

Jesus spoke " I know
and what is important
to you, is important.
to me!
I WILL CARRY YOU!!!

note:" My Gift for Jesus " story is below.