embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Because It's You / Help Guide Our Teens / Just Be There for them

Oh ! I am so tired
and I can hear your
little cry calling me
down the hall.

I feed  and give you
all of your needs.

because it's you

I am excited !
Now you can
finally crawl.
You are on
the move !

because it's you

I helped you make your
first steps.
You would wobble
and fall down .
I picked you up
again and again !

because it's you

Watching you sing
and dance brought
joy in our home .
Your laughter was
contagious , and
brought happiness
within.

because it's you 

Learning to ride
your bicycle and
enter in a sport
gave you confidence !
You allowed me
to be proud
and have joy !

because it's you 

Having sleepovers
with late night
giggles .
Listening to small
feet running back and
forth to the refrigerator
showed me friendship
fun !

because it's you

You discovered a
talent of singing !
I witnessed you
building your
courage within.
You would sing
your favorite song
over and over .
Your singing would
astonish others for
it sounded better
than the record !
Oh ! how I would
gleam !

because it's you

Now you are
becoming older and
you have your
drivers license !
You are a teen
on the go,
I love my wild child !

because it's you

You tell me you
are going out with
your friends .
You say good-bye
and you tell me
you love me.
I reply back in saying
"I love you too !"

because it's us

Oh ! how I hope you
discover the world
of wonders !
I hope you learn well
in your encounters.
I hope you simply
have fun in your
life !

because it's you

I think quitely
to myself and I pray\
Jesus protect my
child.

I see your dirty white
high top tennis shoes,
sitting on the rug,
next to the door.

Oh ! how I love those
dirty worn out shoes.

because it's you

Because It's Me / short story & videos 8-2018
Wild Child / 2-2018
Hello / 2-2018
something wild / 1-2018
A Thousand Years / 2-2018
easier to be / 10-2017
everything / 10-2017

Where Ever You will go / 11-2017

Wonderstruck / 9-2017
Wonderstruck Movie Trailer / 9-2017