embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Jesus Departure / John Ch. 16

John Ch. 16 Verses 1-26

" I have told you all this
to keep your faith from being shaken.
Not only will they expel you from synagogues
(temples) ; 
a time will come
when anyone who puts you to death
will claim to be serving God !
All this they will do (to you)
because they knew neither the  Father
nor me.
But I have told you these things
that when their hour comes
you may remember my telling you 
of them.

Jesus ' Departure; Coming of the  (Paraclete ; comforter , counselor, Holy Spirit)

" I did not speak of this with you from the 
beginning
because I was with you.
Now that I go back to him who sent me,
not one of you asks me, "Where are you going?"
Because I have had all this to say to you,
you are overcome with grief.
Yet I tell you the sober truth;
It is much better for you that I go.
If I fail to go,
The Paraclete will never come to you,
whereas if I go,
I will send him to you.(Christ Holy Spirit)
When he comes,
he will prove the world wrong
about sin,
about justice,
about condemnation ; The Death of Christ
was a judgement for Jesus gained victory
and conquered death and Satan the great enemy
of men.
The Holy Spirit , by his coming brought
over many thousands , (First) , 
to a sense of their sin
in not believing in Christ,
(Secondly) to a conviction
of the Justice of Christ now
sitting at the right hand of
his Father and
(Thirdly) to a right apprehension
of the judgement prepared for 
them that choose to follow Satan,
who is already judged and
condemned.
John Ch.16 V 9
about sin;
in that they refuse to believe in me;
about justice;
from the fact that I go to the Father
and you can see me no more;
about condemnation;
For the Prince of this world had been
condemned.
I have much more to tell you,
but you cannot bear it now.
When he comes , however,
being the Spirit of Truth
he will guide you to all truth.
He will not speak on his own,
but will speak only what he hears,
and announce to you the things to come.
In doing this he will give glory to me,
because he will have received from me
what he will announce to you.
All that the Father has belongs to me.
that is why I said that what he will announce
to you
he will have from me.
Within a short time you will lose sight of
me,
but soon after that you shall see me again."