embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

The Rich Man and Lazarus

Jesus speaks about Angel's in this parable 

Luke Ch: 16 Verses 19-31
The Rich Man and Lazarus : "Once there was a rich man
who dressed in purple and linen and feasted splendidly every
day.  At his gate lay a beggar named Lazarus who was covered
with sores.  Lazarus longed to eat the scraps that fell from the
rich man's table. The dogs even came and licked his sores.
Eventually, the beggar died.  He was carried by angels to the
bosom of Abraham.  The rich man likewise died and was
buried.  From the abode of the dead where he was in
torment, he raised his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and
Lazarus resting in his bosom.
"He called out, "Father Abraham, have pity on me, Send 
Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water to refresh my
tongue, for I am tortured in these flames."

"My Child , replied Abraham, remember that you
were well off in your lifetime, while Lazarus was in
misery. Now he has found consolation here, but you
have found torment. And that is not all.  Between you
and us there is fixed a great abyss, so that those who
might wish to cross from here to you cannot do so ,
nor can anyone cross from your side to us."

"Father , I ask you , then , the rich man said, send
him to my father's house where I have five brothers.
Let him be a warning to them so that they may not end
in this place of torment."

"Abraham answered , "They have Moses and the 
prophets, Let them hear them."

No , Father Abraham , replied the rich man. But if
someone would only go to them from the dead, then
they would repent."

Abraham said to  him, "If they do not listen to
Moses and the prophets, they will not be convinced
even if one should rise from the dead."

I Won't Run Away / 9-2019

Open Heaven River Wild / 9-2019

Being Born Again , by Bishop Barron (13 mins.)

Because It's Your Heart I See ( short story)

Everything / by Lifehouse /2-1-2018