embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Lori ! Are You O-K?

 Dear one's, 

     I want to tell you a story taking you back  around 1980.  I was close to

17 years old.  

This story makes me want to cry every time I think about it ; but I want people to know

things can happen out of nowhere and when we are caught off guard. 

     It was a sunny warm summer day , and My mom and I wanted to visit my

Aunt Julie.  I always loved going there to see my close cousins .  I had just received my drivers permit and asked my Mom if I could drive !  She knew I needed to learn ; therefore  she allowed me to drive.  We both put on our seatbelts and headed down the long country roads. 

     I was doing fine on all the back roads and trying to be careful staying on my side of the road.  About 15 minutes  of driving , I proceed to pull out on a main highway.  I only had to drive a few miles to reach

my aunts home .  My mom's vehicle was a medium size car and I was feeling comfortable in my driving skills.  As we became closer to my aunts road ; I noticed some large work trucks  sitting on the road , that I needed to turn left on.  I could see my aunts farm house in the distance ,  I was hesitating and sitting on the highway !   I looked in my rear view mirror and I could see a semi -truck in the distance and  coming up behind us !

 My mom said ,"Lori ! If you're going to turn you need to soon !"  And as my Mom said those words the semi passes us on my left side , crashing the front left  side of the vehicle !  The crash happened so quickly and I could hear and see metal flying all over the highway !  I looked at my mom and she said ,"Lori !  Are you o-k ?"  I emotionally answered her , "Yes ! Are you o-k Mom ? "  Remarkably we both were untouched and

the police were quickly on the scene.  They helped us out of our car and I could see the long , semi  skid marks on the pavement !  The semi driver was alright as well and walked over to see if we were alright. 

I remember one of my cousins  riding his bike up to the scene !  He was so surprised to see it was us ! 

The police drove us to my aunts and we were grateful !  

     I remember when my Father came to pick us up , I felt so bad for wrecking their car , but he was so thankful we were alright !   I was also thankful that nobody else had gotten hurt , and that it happened  in the late afternoon , before rush hour.  The timing was perfect due to the fact of the time of day ; and ironically me being slow !   Because seconds had already passed by,  and  if I would had turned when my mom said to ; the outcome probably  would have been tragic !  The semi would have hit my door and who knows if we both would have made it.  

     I often think of that day and sometimes wonder why did God spare my life and my Mom's ?

I believe I will never know that answer , instead I ask myself ," What am I going to do with my life ?"

     Dear one's , 

I know it's our nature to make mistakes , even unknowingly !  I believe we need to step back ; and take a good look at the picture  God wants us to see !  If the picture is too  busy or unclear ; we need to make

a change !  That change will have to come from us !  We must ask ourselves , "How can I become

closer to God ?"  May we take a look around in our homes, children,  spouses, and our loved ones . ask them and ourselves , "How can I make a difference ?"  

May God Bless You , in His Divine Love,

Lori Foster 

note: you can find this story on click here:  My Favorites #2 3-4-2018 ( underneath Stories , by Lori Foster )

use web version for mobiles ; you will find "My Favorites" on the left side. 

Will You Meet Me ; 4-2021

Wed. Pick-Me-Up / 4-28-2021 ********