embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Friday, September 17, 2021

The Narrow Door

Luke Ch. 13 Verses 22-30

The Narrow Door :  He went through cities

and towns teaching-- all the while making

his way toward Jerusalem.  Someone asked 

him. "Lord, are they few in number who

are to be saved ?"  He replied: "Try to

come in through the narrow door.  Many

I tell you , will try to enter and be unable.

When once the master of the house has 

risen to lock the door and you stand outside

knocking and saying, "Sir , open for us, ' he

will say in reply, "I do not know where you

come from."  Then you will begin to say,

"We ate and drank in your company.  You

taught in our streets."  But he will answer ,

"I tell you,  I do not know where you come

from. Away from me, you evildoers !"

"There will be wailing and grinding

of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob,

and all the prophets safe in the Kingdom

of God,  and you yourselves rejected.  People

will come from the east and the west,

from the north and the south, and will take

their place at the feast in the kingdom of

God.  Some who are last will be first 

and some who are first will be last."

________________________________________

I will protect My Soul ; 5-2018