embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

My Struggle and Success 2nd Story

 On Oct. 19 , 1998 , My husband and I went to speak with

a surgeon about reversing my tubes to be able to conceive again.

He looked at my medical report and said that he could reconnect

them.  He also told us that I would have to stay in the hospital

for two days for recovery.  My husband told me we can have it

done and lets save our money.  I am excited and scared and 

we must put our complete trust in God. 


On February 10, 1999 , I called the same doctor's office

we had our consultation with and made an appointment

to have my surgery !


March 1, 1999 ,  I cancelled my appointment that I had set up for

May 6 .  It was a scheduled appointment to have my tubes reversed.

It was something I had been thinking about for several years . 

Since I had made my appointment I been letting doubt and fear

overcome me .  

  My  husband  had already agreed that I could go 

 through with the operation . I'm still worried about the

financial part because we have to pay out of pocket. 

Being able to have another child  was what both  our hearts were wanting .

  I had  the courage to set up the date a week ago over the telephone but

 now I am scared .  It all seems so unreachable  and I am feeling discouraged.


On March 14, 1999 , I had a dream :

I was in a hospital and having labor pains.  I remember lying on the hospital

bed and I could hear nurses voices coaching me on ! They were telling my 

husband  and I that they could see the baby coming and it's almost here !

I remember seeing a nurse come in and  she kept checking the monitors.

And I could see a concerned  look on the nurses face while reading them. 

Next thing I know the baby was born and My husband bent down to kiss it's

tiny face. We were both filled of love and joy !

Dream ended. 

I woke up and thought Wow !  What a unique and wonderful dream !

I could actually feel  the labor pains . 


On March 24, 1999 , I had been depressed about cancelling my

appointment.  The financial part is the only thing that is keeping

me from having the operation.  My husband and I had been

discussing it some more and agreed to take out a home

equity loan for my surgery. I called the surgeon's office and

asked if my original appointment on May 6  was still available. 

The nurse gladly responded Yes ! 


May 4 , 1999 , I have everything ready for my surgery tomorrow.

My surgery date was moved up a  day for May 5 .  It's hard to believe

it's here !  I've dropped our four children off at my parent's home. 

They will be watching them and sending them

to school during my two day stay at the hospital. Our children's 

ages are 7,9,11, and 13.  May God Bless my parents. 


May 13, 1999,  Dear reader , I have so much to talk about !

My surgery on May 5 went wonderful !  I wasn't that nervous going

into the operating room and  God kept me calm .  I remember the

 the operating room was bright with many monitors and equipment.  

 My surgeon was real excited and ready to 

perform the operation.  There were about ten nurses all for me !

I remember my surgeon telling me I'll be sleeping ; while they're

doing the work !  He waved good-bye and I was out !

My appointment was at 2:00p.m. and It lasted until 6:00p.m.. I 

didn't wake up in recovery until 8:00 p.m. 

My surgeon came in my hospital room and said it was a success!

He said he opened both tubes and he was pleased that the 

dye went into them great ! He told my husband and I that we 

have a 60 to 70%  of conceiving.  We thanked him greatly

and Our Lord .  

Some of my recent stories pulled from my journals ; 12-2021














1