embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

I Safely Passed By

 It's a gloomy and rainy day.

My Mom has an appointment

to see a doctor about me.

I am getting stronger every day

and I believe I am about ten

weeks old. 

My Father goes with her to

the clinic but they both

are anxious and nervous.

My Father awaits in the

waiting room and my

Mom's name is called.

My Mother is comfortably

sitting on a table of some sort.

I believe she is waiting for the

doctor to examine her about me!

I hope I am causing no trouble

and everything will be fine with me

and my mom!

O' Lord help my mom today!

I can hear conversation between

my mom and the nurse.

They give her some information

about how to end her pregnancy

and that involves me!

The nurse leaves the room and

my mom awaits to see the doctor.

Suddenly, I can feel a nudge against

 my body! It feels like a small tap but

I realize it's my mom!

She is weeping!

I can hear another voice

and my mom is listening

to her doctor speak.

He examines her and

some more words are

spoken.

My mom's weeping 

went away and I don't feel

anymore nudging against

my tiny frame.

My mom is alone in the

room and she is free to

go!

As my mom stands up

and looks inside

her purse. She pulls

out the information she

was given about how to

end my life. 

She puts the abortion

pamphlet inside the

trashcan and walks

down the hallway.

We pass by several

rooms

and wondering if any

mom is ending her

babies' life.

As we both are walking

down the hallway I 

realized I will be able

to continue my growth.

 I also realized I will

be known and

loved

 because of 

my mom! 

"I safely passed by."

______________________________

Dear Reader, this story reminds me

of Corrie Ten Boom.

She was released from the Death Camp

on January 1, 1945. She couldn't believe her

name was among the ones to be released that

day! She looked at her friends who wasn't so

fortunate. 

She had tears of sadness and tears of joy!

She walked out of the gate with her small

belongings and held on tight to her dismissal

papers. 

It was a cold New Years Day!

Everything looked beautiful and

gave her warmth inside.

{Corrie later found out that her

release was a clerical error. All

the women in her barracks had 

been taken to the gas chamber

a few days after Corrie was 

released. She would have been

among them.}

She safely passed by

NOTE: YOU CAN WATCH THE 

HIDING PLACE ON YOUTUBE+

________________________________

by Lori Foster

________________________________

Note: In the story "I Safely Passed By."

The Mom discarded the given pamphlets

that can kill her unborn baby. 

The Mom held tight to her unborn child

safely in her womb. And the child

receives Life of Freedom.'

In Corrie Ten Boom's release on

New Year's Day 1945, Corrie

passes by all the exit gates

holding her release papers

tight! Because of

a mistake due to clerical error,

she receives Life of Freedom.'

__________________________________

As I'm walking through

I see such wonder of God's 

Holy joy!

I see you pass by me

with such gentle care.

Your tiny cry was music

indescribable!

I am blessed.

by Lori Foster


I Won't Give Up

A Thousand years (One Step closer)

You Make Me Brave (As your love in wave after wave)

You Make Me Brave (live) You are for us you are not

against us)


The Hiding Place note: you can find "Corrie's Release."

at the bottom of post.

Anne Frank