embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Sunday, July 7, 2024

Writing a Journal

 Did you ever think about writing a journal?

If you have thought about it, then go for it!

I can tell you a little bit about how mine began

and how it is now!

My journal was unexpected and unplanned.

I began my journal on January 17, 1994. And

I am now on my 19th journal. 

I have explained in "Lori Foster's Story" about

how my husband and I had seen a white glow

on our bedroom wall. You can find 

Lori Foster's Story underneath My Favorites.

You will see how I had to use my daughter's

preschool paper for my first page.

click here: Lori Foster's Story [use web version

for smaller devices}

Writing in a journal is an awesome experience

between yourself and God.

It allows you to write down important events

past, present and sometimes future. 

It's important to know there are no right or 

wrong ways to write in your journal.

If you mess up that's O-k! It's your journal!

There are some key factors I believe to be

very important!  Writing down dates are

a must! It gives you a timeline of where

you are and where you had been in the past.

It's important to know you don't have to write

in your journal everyday and you don't have to

write a full page. Sometimes you will only have

a small paragraph and sometimes you will have

several pages. 

If you make an error, you can simply cross it out

and re-write your word. If you want to be on the 

neater side; have some white-out nearby. 

It's your writings and do it your way!

You can choose to use fancy journals to write

in or simply notebook paper.

I personally write my journals in a five star

college ruled notebook. It has pockets inside

and you can use them to store important cards,

notes etc.... 

You can add your own personal touch throughout

your writings. If it's a moment of happiness

add a smiley face or even a cross. 

If it's a sad event or topic you can add 

a handmade crown of thorns or crosses

as well. 

If your writing is very important, you may

want to place a handmade Star beside your

date. Be certain to make your symbol large 

enough to be seen. I often place my symbols

near the date. 

You can place handmade crosses, 

near birthdays, weddings, graduations, and

funerals, etc.....

If you wish to use stickers that would

be perfect as well.

I find it best to leave your journal out where

you will be reminded. Maybe, on your kitchen

 or dining room table or bedside.

However, if you want it to be more hidden,

 place it in a nearby drawer where you will

be reminded and develop a routine in your

journaling. 

Journaling should never feel like a chore

but I must tell you it takes discipline. 

You must write down the number of

your journal! I write my number with

a marker on the front of my journal. 

As you begin collecting your journals

place them in a safe box with a lid. 

If you wish to type your journal that

is perfectly fine as well. Be sure

to place your pages in a large folder

and number your pages and clip them

all together. 

It's so satisfying to be able to look back

at them over time. Also, you may need to know

a date of an important event and

it can be found in your journal!

I also, find it a good idea to keep your

previous complete journal with your current one.

I usually leave the current one I'm writing in

with my last journal. You may have to refer to something

in the most recent dates and events that have taken place.

Journaling gives you strength and courage, and keeps you

more in tune with daily events. Journaling can help you

with your fears and anxieties. It allows you to read what

you were afraid of, and what or if any did you do something

about it. 

All your written journals should never be separated. Your

writings are yours and you are in charge of them.

In our writings we will find our weaknesses and that's perfectly

fine. Because our writings will become our steppingstones

to help better ourselves over time. 

Be proud of your writings even if they are painful at times.

Pray to Our Lord and speak to him through your writings!

May God Bless You Always,

Lori Foster

Note: Now write your 1st journal+