embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Finding A Hidden Love Song

Dear One's,
 I would like to share with you about a hidden piece of paper that was found, in my father's rolled top desk. It was about a week before my dad passed away on Jan.18,2020.  My sister found a neatly folded up piece of paper, placed in a small drawer in our dad's desk. She showed it to my mother and me. And as we were reading this obvious old letter, we realized it was a written love song! 
Our mom had never seen this letter before.
We could see the black marks on each folded square in the paper as we unfolded it. We came to a conclusion that Dad must have carried it inside his wallet. Our Father worked in a factory and the conditions wasn't easy on his wallet.
Anyway, as we began to read the two pieces of folded notebook paper this is what my dad wrote:


My Dad's love song to our mom,

The Love of my life is with me all the time
She's never far away she's always on my mind.

The things that she says, that makes my heartbeat.

The things that she done for me 
we'll be together for eternity.
No matter what life brings you see.

Our Love was never wrong
Our Love is so strong.

The Love of my life her name
is Judy.

How could I go on living 
without her if she should be
taken from me.

Believing as I do I know that it's true.
No matter what life may bring
she's still a part of me. 

The Love of my life is with me
all the time.

I'm never by myself
because she's always on my mind.

We'll be together for eternity
No matter what life brings
you see.

Our Love was never wrong
Our Love is so strong
The Love of my life her name
is Judy.

And I know with the help
of the good Lord above 
we'll always be in Love.

written in 1985.

Note: My Dad was born on December 30, 1937.