embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Thursday, February 13, 2020

My written Letter About My Dad

This Eulogy was written by Lori Foster; my son Seth Foster read it for me at my
beloved Father's funeral Mass where my parent's were married.
Seth is the one whom drew the "Embrace The Cross." drawing of Jesus and
he also,  built my website and blog for me to place my writings on . 
note: St. Lawrence was where my husband and I were married as well and many
of my relatives. 

My Dad's Eulogy:

Where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in their
midst."  Matthew Ch. 18 Verse 18-20


How do you write about a man such as our Dad ?

     He was named after his father Charles Sr.  Many people know him as
Junior or Chuck.  Dad and Mom were married
 on June 22, 1957.  He has an older sister named Shirley
and he nicknamed her Shirt.

     Our Dad was a wonderful man full of many talents and qualities.
Early in his adult life he did construction work, until he was hired at
a Factory as a millwright.  It is there he retired in 1999.  Dad was known
for his woodwork and specialty in building homes.  He was always ready
to help others with his skills and good advice.

     Our Dad was a loving husband to our mother.  His devotion to her was
a blessing to witness.  He was patient to all of us seven children. He
and mom both taught us how to work hands-on together and to be
responsible in all we do. He reminded us always to have faith and
rely on our Lord to make all things good.

     Dad and Mom both were the example of what loving and caring
parents are.  They were both good listeners and counselors when we
were in need of.  Dad always placed his strength and trust in God.  He
taught us to lean on Jesus to help see us through our hardships and to
place our confidence in the Lord.

     Charles loved nature, barns, chickens, and gardening. His favorite
thing was to play his guitar and sing.  He simply loved to play his
guitar on his back porch in the company of his family and friends.

They enjoyed driving across the states to visit one of their sons and his
family out West and their daughter (my younger sister) and her
family who lives there as well.

They also had more beautiful scenery to see driving out to visit
my older sister and her family. 

     They are blessed with thirty grandchildren and 37 great grandchildren
who have brought so much love and joy to dad and mom's lives.

     Now let's talk about what many people remember Charles for - his
voice ! he had such a soothing voice that one could listen to him sing
and play his guitar for hours.  Our dad was honored to have sung at
many weddings and even funerals.  when my two sisters and I were
younger he formed a guitar group at St. Anne's Church.  His music
allowed us to adore Mass that much more. I know Our Dad's music
will be treasured in our hearts, and we will appreciate
the beauty he shared with others through his remarkable gift.

     Charles was an inspiration to others in many ways.  His words were
important and with meaning.  He was always there for you, even in his
silence.  And he would engage in conversation whenever needed.  He had
a beautiful sense of style, with the help of our mother, but I believe it's
his beautiful blue eyes that always seemed to sparkle even in his most
difficult moments.

     On June 22, 2019 my parents were blessed to have celebrated their
62nd wedding anniversary!

     We want to take this time to thank everyone from our family to
yours. We truly appreciate all the love and care that was brought
to Dad's hospital stay, as well as the visits to their home. We are
grateful for all your love and support in this most difficult time
and we appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

     Our beautiful Dad passed away with his loved ones surrounding
him.  This was during the Rosary of "The Presentation" - when Jesus
was being presented in the temple forty days after his birth by 
Blessed Mary and Joseph.  Dad had a beautiful and peaceful death
and he was greatly blessed.

     To our dearest Dad, we all love you and will miss you greatly. But
we take comfort in knowing you are embraced in the loving arms of
the Holy Family.  We also have peace in knowing that you are
united with your loved ones in God's Kingdom, of his own divine
love.

I would like to end with some words of encouragement:
"Fear not , I am with you, be not dismayed, I am your God."
"I do all things through him who strengthens me."
                            We Love You Dad !

Charles born December 30, 1937 - January 18, 2020