embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

From Every Age

 I wonder what they are doing in there, I said to my friend Zachariah!

He responded back to me, "I don't know, but I believe it must be

very important! I saw Jesus go in there with them!

I wish we were older so we could take part in whatever they are

doing! You know it must be Holy for Jesus is among them!

My name is Daniel and I have a neat story to tell.

My time period goes back to the beginning of Christ.

My friend and I love to explore and collect firewood for

our village. We made our own wooden cart and travel

from home to home and sell our wood. It's neat because we

get to visit with a lot of different families near and far!

Zacharia is my best friend and we both want to become

carpenters when we grow older. 

So, getting back to my story Zachariah and I was delivering

firewood and we only had a few more houses to stop by.

It was getting towards evening and we could see

candle lights and lanterns beginning to brighten the

windows as we walked along our path.

We went to the nearby well to get a drink of water.

Then we went over to a sitting place made of stone

and rested our feet. 

Suddenly, we could hear footsteps of groups of people!

We recognized a few of them named Matthew, Peter, and

John. We knew they were righteous people and followers of

Jesus! We have learned about many of the great miracles 

of Jesus! He cured a blind man and now he can see!

He made a lame man be able to walk! He even turned

water into wine at a wedding feast! He also drew out demons

of a possessed man. But one of the most fascinating stories

we learned was that he rose a man named Lazarus from the

dead and he had been in the tomb for four days!

Anyway, getting back to my story, only the men went into

this stoned house and Jesus was with them. Zachariah and

I moved back into the shadows to not be seen. We remained

quiet and kept looking at the place where all these followers of

Jesus gathered in. 

It really wasn't any of our concern, but we were explorers and 

we loved adventure!

Zachariah and I could hear the footsteps of Jesus and they must 

have been his disciples going up a flight of stairs with him.

We noticed a small dim light coming from an upper room of the

house.

We could hear voices speaking and then the group would be

silent. We could only imagine what Jesus was speaking to them

about. We both could see a little bit inside of the upper room window. 

At one point it seemed as though the group of men were passing 

something around to one another and they did this twice!

Suddenly, a small lamb passed by us where we

were sitting! The lamb was so white and pure! 

We remember a nearby farmer telling us that Jesus is our Shepherd

and gathers his sheep. As the small lamb walked away from us in

the distance we could hear singing!  We never heard music like this

before! Zachariah and I could both make out the words in song

I am the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world and Holy Holy Holy!

The music was as if Angels were singing above the upper room where Jesus and

his disciples were! 

Suddenly, we heard more footsteps outside of the upper room of the house.

We noticed people saying in remarks," This sort of talk is hard to endure! How can

anyone take it seriously?" Jesus was fully aware what his disciples were murmuring

about in protest at what he had said," Does it shake your faith?" he asked them.

The words I spoke to you are SPIRIT and LIFE. 

Yet among you there are some who do not believe."

Zacharia and I witnessed something mysterious and beautiful that day!

We held onto the scenery we were allowed to see and the beautiful music

in song we heard!

We both became followers of Jesus that day and for the rest of our lives.

We held on to scriptures and John Chapter six and treasured it all in Christ

Sacred Heart. 

We taught our children and they taught their families from age to age!

Revelation 7:17 "For the lamb who is in the center of the throne will

shepherd them.

Revelation 19:9 There, it's an angel who says: "Blessed are those who

have been called to the wedding feast of the lamb." 

John Ch 17 Verse 21 "That they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You;

that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that

You sent Me."➕

by Lori Foster

_______________________________________________________

Jesus reads from Isaiah (you will love this)

The Raising of Lazarus 

Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind

The Last Supper, by Son of God

Jesus of Nazareth "The Last Supper"my favorites


Trust in my love for I am near you 

note: you will find June 13, 2011, a short-given dream of Jesus 

holding a lamb.towards the bottom


The Lamb of God

Holy Holy Holy

In Every Age my favorites

JOHN CH 6 (HOLY EUCHARIST)

JOHN CH.6 (SCRIPTURE)

CORPUS CHRISTI ➕

Three of my favorites:

Holy Holy Holy (another version)

Lamb of God (another version)

Communion Song (you will love this)


note: you can find this story underneath 

My Favorites #2 story #190 From Every Age