embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Saturday, December 4, 2021

Hidden Gifts Among Us

  Galatians Ch. 6 Verse 2 "Carry each other's burdens and

so, you will fulfill the law of Christ"

_________________________________________

Lori Foster's messages and

 pieces from her journals:

I was feeling stressed and worried about a 

loved one and I confide in someone.

That person could see my sadness and

says to me, "Why don't we pray together?"

I looked up to that person with

kindness and tell her, " I would

really appreciate that but I

can't pray."  I told her 

that if she can pray for my

situation that would be great.

The person spoke a beautiful

and warm prayer over my

concerns and I realized I had  

just received a 

{Hidden gift among me}

______________________________

I was in a parking lot at a 

bank and I could hear some

sort of stress coming from the 

car next to me. I could see a man

in the front yelling at a young

adult male in the back seat. 

He is sitting there taking all

the anger in!  I look over 

 to the car and wish

so bad the stress would ease.

I decided to drive away with

the man still in his anger.

I realized I got to drive away!

What about the young adult

in the back seat?  How can

he ever learn with someone

yelling at him?

I felt sad as I drove away!

The person in the back

seat was a beautiful gift 

of God's love.

I prayed out loud to our

Lord, " Take care of your

people Lord, take care of

your people!"

{Hidden and yet the most

beautiful gift from God}

______________________________

I am with a person who is very

weak with failing health. I go

to be with that person and try

to give them care and comfort.

I could see in that person's eyes

of loneliness and sadness.  I pray

beside this person and ask for 

God's peace and his blessings

of love to be upon them.

As I look into this helpless

person's eyes I see Christ +

This person through their

most difficulties are blessing

me +

{Hidden beauty of God's 

love in the eyes of another}

_________________________________

You have a child or teen who has

an illness or some kind of flu or

virus.

Suddenly, your sleep is awakened

with cries and moaning.

You go see what the problem is

and the mess has gone everywhere!

They didn't have time to make it

to the bathroom. The mess is all over

your child.  You stay calm and figure

out what are the first steps to do!

You grab some laundry baskets

or trash bags.  You lay down towels

on the floor.  You tell your child or

teen to step on the towel.  You help

them undress and discard the 

dirty garments in a bag.  You help

your child gets washed and clean.

You find a clean outfit and place

the sick child on the couch.  

Then you go back and strip the

bedding and throw them in the

tub or shower or outdoor hose,

to rinse them off.

Then you can begin washing

the loads of soiled laundry.

Then you have to scrub down

the shower or tub and make

sure, everything is clean in

the area they got sick on.

Be sure your sick child has 

a trash can or bucket beside 

them with a towel underneath.

Why am I telling you this?

Because when people are 

helpless and sick the last 

thing they need is to feel

guilty. It's up to us to kick

in gear and clean up the

mess the best we can.

It's all a learning process

but cleaning the mess isn't

the most important thing

that we learn; it's how we

approach it and respond is

what matters. 

{We are asked to do hidden

gifts among us even if it's

dirty, messy, and disgusting}

______________________________

You see a family or community who

have been struck by tragedy and

you don't know what to do.

You see people organizing help 

for what is needed.  

You see that ministers and priest

are trying to help the situation in 

any way they can.

You see people stepping up to 

help in any way possible.

Maybe it's the gifts of speaking

to those who are hurting. 

Maybe it's the person who is

good at organizing a fund raiser

for their needs.

Maybe it's a person organizing

a prayer meeting to 

 pray for these people

whom are in great distress.

Maybe it's the community coming

together to show every person matters.

We often ask ourselves what we can

do to help! The first and most

important thing to do is pray +

Pray for God's hand to touch them

and lift them up +

Pray for God's peace and comfort

to be given among them+

Pray for God's Holiness

of care to

be given day by day+

Pray as a family 

for those who are suffering.

Maybe you can send a card,

note, a gift. 

Maybe you can go visit

with the people whose

lives have been deeply

 effected. 

We all have gifts to bring

to others. 

{Because they are the

hidden gifts among us}

___________________________

So Will I

For The One

What a Beautiful Name

Wild Child

____________________________

Because It's You

Because It's Me