embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Our New Arrival 4th Story

 My first visit to see my Doctor is on April 13, and I am so

excited !  It's March 20, 2000 and I've been feeling real

sick with this baby.  I am going into my third month

 and  feel  tired and the smells of food and

detergent, candles etc.  makes me feel nauseated.  I hope

my sickness passes real fast .  I'm so excited about this

pregnancy and we have so much to do before our little

one arrives ! Dear Lord continue to bless us !


March 22, 2000 , my lovely Aunt passed away . She was one

of the most caring and giving ladies I have ever known. I am 

so thankful I got to see her with my parents a few weeks ago.

 She was a Blessing to her family and those who knew her.

She always showed God's love +

{My Aunt was the "Special Woman " in my given dream

Souls entering into heaven 4-2018}


May 11, 2000 , I am four months pregnant and we could hear my

babies heart beat. I also had a dream that I delivered a baby girl

and she looked like our daughter Jessica.  Jessica is fourteen and very

excited to have a new baby brother or sister.  She had been

helping me get the nursery room ready and things for our

little one's arrival ! 

A few days later

I had a dream that I had a little boy !


Oct. 3, 2000 , I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and I could feel water 

underneath me. I realized my water had broke. My due date

wasn't until Oct. 18.  Anyway , I was told if your water breaks

you must go to the hospital.  My other four pregnancies my doctor

had to break my water during labor.  Anyway , I woke my children 

up to get ready for school.  My water kept leaking and thankfully

I was already packed.  I said good-bye to my children and said, " We

will be having Rachel today"! 

 My husband   and I arrived at the hospital around 8:30 a.m. As I was

walking into the hospital my sciatic nerve was going down my right

leg.  My husband  had to wheel me to the labor and delivery floor. It was hard

to believe We'll be having our baby soon !  


10:00a.m. I was given medicine in my IV to begin my labor.  My contractions

was coming along good and were getting stronger.  My daughter Jessica , will be

watching her younger brothers after school ; until their father could get home. 


 5:00 p.m. my labor pains were getting harder and closer to be able to

have an epidural . A new nurse came in the evening and she looked at

the babies heart monitor. She kept checking and she had a concerned 

look !  She explained to me the babies heartbeat is dropping every time

I have a contraction.  I wasn't making any progress and I was still at four

centimeters and the baby was in trouble.  It was getting

close to midnight and my doctor came in my room and said that I 

will probably need a C-section . Since I was thirty-six years old

I am also underneath a surgeon's care as well.  The surgeon could

also see the monitors in his home and said he is on his way to the

hospital to do an emergency cesarean.   I instantly flashed back to 

my given dream of " The nurses concerned look!"  I began signing

papers needed for the procedure and they wheeled me into the

operating room.  I had never had a cesarean before and was terrified !

My husband was allowed to be with me and I was awake through it all.

It didn't take long for my surgeon to arrive and  I felt a little more at

ease.  Both Doctors performed the C-section and discovered the cord

was wrapped around our babies neck and she was beginning to swallow

some fluid.  I remember seeing our  beautiful baby girl being handed

to a nurse to be checked .    

Rachel was born at 1:30 a.m. on October 4, 2000 !  She weighed six pounds

and six ounces and was twenty inches long . My husband filmed her while

the nurse was weighing and measuring her.  He also got to help in giving

 her a warm bath.   I couldn't take my eyes off of her and I needed

distraction while they sewed me up. They used the same incision of my tubal

reversal. 

My husband met his mother in the waiting room.  

They both went to the nursery window to see our beautiful  little girl.  

My mother-in-law had always been with us during our all children's labors.

My mother was always the one who watched our children during our births and 

I know she was happy to do it. 

 They both were such a blessing to My husband and I. 

The nurses brought my little one to me while I was in the recovery room.  Rachel

looked so healthy and beautiful and began nursing right away !

It was getting late in the early morning and  my mother-in-law left to go home . 

My husband gave his kiss to me and our little one and went on home as well.  I finally

got to my room and slept ! 


Oh '  I wanted to mention to you about the $10,000 dollar bill on one of my

previous stories called "My Sister's Words "  

After my tubal reversal I received the  bill  for my two day hospital stay.

The bill was much larger than we expected !  I sat up a payment plan

and we paid the balance off early with our tax return and they deducted

$2,000 !  

Some of my recent stories pulled from my journals ; 12-2021