embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Transubstantiation / The Holy Eucharist

TRANSUBSTANTIATION: is Latin meaning: The Change of substance or essence of the
sacrament of the Eucharist during the Mass , become in reality the
body and blood of Jesus Christ+++

The church teaches it's a mystery "The signs of bread and wine become , in a way
surpassing understanding "The body and blood of Christ.

When do the Bread and Wine become the Body and Blood of Christ ?
The substance is changed during the consecration of the Priest in
saying the Words given by Christ himself during the last supper+++
The bread and wine is not consecrated for it's own sake , after all , but
for the good of the church and for the world +++

From the supper at Emmaus, disciples have cherished the Eucharist
as the clearest sign of the Risen Lord's abiding presence+++

The Holy Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ in appearance
of Bread and Wine. 

The Holy Eucharist +++ Matthew Ch. 26 Verses 26 - 28 
During the meal Jesus took bread, blessed it, broke it, and
gave it to his disciples. "Take this and eat it," he said, "This is
my body."  Then he took a cup , gave thanks, and gave it to them,
"All of you must drink from it," he said , "For this is my blood,
the blood of the covenant , to be poured out in behalf of many
for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you , I will not drink this 
fruit of the vine from now until the day when I drink it
new with you in my Father's reign (kingdom) ." 
Then , after singing songs of praise , they walked out to the
Mount of Olives. 

Note: Jesus said (many) referring to his people !  Christ body and
his blood was not given only to the twelve disciples. It was to
be given to ALL PEOPLE +++

The Holy Eucharist+++ Luke Ch. 22 Verses 14-20
When the hour arrived , he took his place at table, and
the apostles with him.  He said to them; "I have greatly
desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.
I tell you, I will not eat again until it is fulfilled in
the kingdom of God."
Then taking a cup he offered a blessing in thanks
and said " Take this and divide it among you; I tell
you , from now on I will not drink of the fruit of 
the vine until the coming of the reign of God."
then , taking bread and giving thanks, he
broke it and gave it to them , saying;
"This is my body to be given for you. Do 
this as a remembrance of me." He did the
same with the cup after eating, saying as he
did so: This cup is the new covenant in my blood,
which will be shed for you. 

The Lord's Supper+++1 Corinthians Ch. 11 Verses 23-28
I received from the Lord what I handed on to you ,
namely , that the Lord Jesus on the night in which
he was betrayed took bread, and after he had given thanks,
broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you. Do this
in remembrance of me."  
In the same way , after the supper , he took the cup , saying, "This
cup is the new covenant in my blood . Do this, whenever you
drink it , in remembrance of me,"  
Every time , then , you eat this bread and drink this cup, 
you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes ! This
means that whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the
Lord unworthily sins against the body and blood of  the Lord.
A man should examine himself first ; only then should he eat
of the bread and drinks the cup . 

THIS IS MY BODY / 9-26-2018

THE LAST SUPPER / video / 5-16-16

ONE BREAD ONE BODY / song / 5-31-16

THE SOFT WORDS OF BLESSED MARY / video / 4-2016 ; the video at the bottom
of story speaks about the Holy Eucharist.

THE NEEDS OF GOD

A PIECE OF YOU MY LORD !  5-15-2018

AN EMPTY SOLDIER / 5-2018

CORPUS CHRISTI (THE MOST HOLY BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST / 6-2017