embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Our Sister's Words 1st story

 Good night , God Bless you , I love you, say your prayers, sorry for what I have done

to you, have pleasant dreams, see you in the morning !  

Those simple words were formed by three very small sisters, and they were 

"Our sister's words."

We faithfully recited them every night before we fell asleep. 

Those words were made up on our own and it created a special bond that

can never be broken.  It showed us sisters how small and fragile we really are

but with God Almighty wonderful things can happen. 

We came from a large Christian Catholic Family of nine.  We had four older

brothers and  us three sisters were born at the end of the line. We were all

a year apart except for the youngest . She  was four years younger than I . 

 I was the sixth child and the middle girl. Our parents were very consistent in

getting us to Sunday Mass every week and seeing that we attended Sunday School

as well. 

Our Mother made  many of our dresses and we received many compliments !

I remember  before going to church we would pick up two older women who were sisters.

We drove a brown rambler station wagon and with all of us nine and the two ladies 

we were packed.  I don't remember any of us complaining , for we knew our parents were

doing a good deed for the Lord. 

My family were raised very close together emotionally , physically, and more importantly

spiritually.  We always prayed together before meal times , in the evenings , and when times

were hard . We gave our thanks to God and bonded together as the years passed by. 

Today is October 4, 1998 , I have no typewriter or computer , nor did I have one

on January 17, 1994 when my first page began in my journal.  May you go to 

Lori Foster's Story and you will find my first written page. 

I watched my children grow up around me and they all knew how to operate a 

computer.  I really had no desire in learning how to run the thing , so I kept

on cooking , cleaning, and doing what was needed to be done for my family.

As my children were becoming older we decided it would be best to purchase

a new computer , for we  knew it would help with their homework. My husband and I

didn't know it could rack up the  telephone bill to use it !  Back then it was dial up and

our bill climbed to  $1000 in two months time !   Of course the Telephone Companies 

system was down and we never sent us a

 bill  for two months !  Therefore we didn't know our bill was climbing through the roof !

Well, to make a long story short we received another large bill of $ 10,000 !  And

this is where Rachel and Isaac  (our youngest two )come in my story !

May you read "My Struggles and Success."  It explains why the $10,000 bill !

Our New Arrival (4th story) It also explains the surprised $10,000 bill 

Some of my recent stories pulled from my journals ; 12-2021