embracethecross

embracethecross
John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

My Tears Flowed

 On April 2, 2013, I pulled into my driveway and noticed a package sitting on my

front porch. I was so surprised when I opened it; for it was the book I had been

wanting to read about the 1994 genocide in Rwanda Africa.

The young lady that sent it to me was visiting my home during her spring break. I had

just shared my story to her and some of my writings from my journals. I also showed

her the church magazine article about the Rwanda genocide, and I told her I needed to read

that book!

I remember when the book first came out, my sister-in-law mentioned how

good the book was and very sad. I knew the book had something to do with

the genocide that took place in 1994, but I never asked my sister-in-law any

questions about the book. The only knowledge I had of the Rwanda genocide

was what I had viewed on a Christian TV. program in the summer of 1994. 

They showed horrific footage of what took place during April to July of 1994. 

My first given dream or vision was given to me in the late summer or early fall

of 1994. The given dream was me being placed into Africa; you can find it on

Lori Foster's Story below and underneath 'My Favorites."

Getting back to receiving my given book, I was so eager to read it! My children

were in school and I had some quite time to myself. I took my padded stool

in my kitchen and rest my back against the wall and began to read.

I didn't want to get too comfortable for I knew I had to give my full attention

to this book.

It's as though Blessed Mary was telling me,

to read this book for its something I needed to know."

I was almost halfway through the book, and " My tears flowed! 

O' how they fell onto the pages! 

I have read this book several times now and my tear stains still remain on the pages.

As I read this book during the two-day time period, I would always glance at

my crucifix hanging in my dining room. It's as though God appreciated me

for taking the time to learn about an important event that took place in my time period. 

An event that had jealousy, greed, and envy of others! All these sins escalated into hate and

evil! The Hutu Extremist took their evil plan and did the unthinkable! 

      I'm thankful for reading the genocide article in my church magazine in 2008. Furthermore, I'm

 thankful I shared "My Story" and some of

my writings to the one who sent me my book.

God Bless Rwanda Africa,

Yours in Christ love,

Lori Foster

note: I wish I could place the genocide survivor's name on my blog

and the given book, but the survivor doesn't know my story. 

______________________________________________

Dear God,

May your grace shine upon us

renew our minds and heal

our spirits in Jesus' name.

Amen

_________________________________________________

Lori Foster's Story

Courage and Rejection

_________________________________________________

Rwanda Video's & Movie Clips

Pleading for Help

April 28th 1994

Our Lady of Kibeho Feast Day Nov. 28